Update an existing coupon in your account
There are 2 main ways to select which coupon(s) you want to update:
- Updating a single coupon code? Specify coupon_code.
- Updating a group of coupons? Specify their unique group name.
You can then apply any changes you wish, for example:
- Rename the coupon name (note: if you have already distributed the coupon code to your customers, it’s best not to rename it anymore)
- Extend the expiry date to keep a successful promotion going
- Update the discount amount because you changed your mind
- Make a new product eligible with the coupons
The vendor ID identifies your seller account. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
The vendor auth code is a private API key for authenticating API requests. This key should never be used in client side code or shared publicly. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
Identify the coupon to update (You must specify either
group, but not both).
The name of the group of coupons you want to update.
New code to rename the coupon to.
New group name to move coupon to.
Comma-separated list of products e.g. 499531,1234,123546. If blank then remove associated products.
The date (in format YYYY-MM-DD) the coupon is valid until. The coupon will expire on the date at 00:00:00 UTC.
Number of times each coupon can be used.
Currency of the
discount_amount (required if the coupon’s
flat). The currency must match the balance currency specified in your account here.
A currency amount (eg. 10.00) if
flat, or a percentage amount (eg. 10 for 10%) if
If the coupon is used on subscription products, this indicates whether the discount should apply to recurring payments after the initial purchase.
An unsuccessful call to the Dashboard API will return a 200 response containing a field
success set to
false and an error object.