Webhooks make it simple to receive data and events from Paddle.
We can send:
- Platform Events – triggered by events in the Paddle platform, for example a successful payment, a new customer subscribing to your plan, or a balance transfer to your bank account.
- Product Fulfillment Webhooks – generated during order processing for one-time products or subscription plans on a per-product basis.
All platform events are sent to the endpoints you have defined in the Events Settings.
- Step 1: Click Developer Tools in the navigation in your Seller Dashboard.
- Step 2: Click on the Events item.
- Step 3: Enter a URL that we should send the HTTP POST requests to (or set an email if you wish to receive email notifications).
- Step 4: Check each event that you wish to receive a notification for.
- Step 5: Click the "Save Changes" button to confirm your alerts.
All platform events that you are subscribed to are sent to all of the URL endpoints that you have defined, but we will only send sensitive fields to your primary endpoint. This prevents any third party integrations you may be using from having access to data that they may misuse.
The fulfillment webhook endpoint is set individually for each product with webhook fulfillment enabled.
Before you receive any events, you need to define the URL that we should send the HTTP POST requests to. POST requests will have a
For webhook events / alerts, your server should respond within 10 seconds with a HTTP 200 status code to indicate you have successfully received the message. If we receive anything other than a HTTP 200 (or if there is no response within 10 seconds) we will retry the call to your webhook URL every 15 minutes for a maximum of 3 days.
Check the log of fulfillment and alert webhooks sent from your account by going to Developer Tools > Events > Notification History or fetch alert history via our API.