Update the quantity, price, and/or plan of a user’s subscription.
curl -X POST \ -d 'vendor_id=123' \ -d 'vendor_auth_code=456bd...' \ -d 'subscription_id=12345' \ -d 'quantity=7' \ -d 'recurring_price=11.00' \ -d 'currency=USD' \ https://vendors.paddle.com/api/2.0/subscription/users/update
- Subscribers on non-quantity plans can move to quantity plans but not the inverse.
- Subscribers must be billed immediately when moved to a plan with a different billing interval.
- Subscribers cannot be moved to a plan where the current currency is not enabled.
- Subscribers cannot be moved to another plan whilst still on trial or in past due status.
- The currency of an existing subscription cannot be changed.
- Recurring coupons will be removed when using the update subscription API.
The vendor ID identifies your seller account. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
The vendor auth code is a private API key for authenticating API requests. This key should never be used in client side code or shared publicly. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
The ID of the subscription you’re updating.
The new quantity to be applied to a quantity enabled subscription.
The new recurring price per unit to apply to a quantity enabled subscription. Please note this is a singular price, i.e
Optional, but required if setting
The currency that the recurring price should be charged in. E.g.
If the subscription should bill for the next interval at the revised figures immediately.
The new plan ID to move the subscription to.
Whether the change in subscription should be prorated.
Retain the existing modifiers on the user subscription.
Update the additional data associated with this subscription, like additional features, add-ons and seats. This will be included in all subsequent webhooks, and is often a JSON string of relevant data.
An unsuccessful call to the Dashboard API will return a 200 response containing a field
success set to
false and an error object.