Create One-off Charge
This feature is useful for scenarios where buyers need to purchase add-ons on top of a recurring plan.
For example, Charges API provides you with the flexibility to charge buyers, with existing subscriptions, right away for one-off top-ups, rather than waiting for the end of their current billing cycle.
- All one-off charges via the API will be made in full i.e. no prorated credits, no price modifiers, and no coupon discounts
- The buyer will be invoiced and charged immediately
- Charges are independent of the existing billing cycle i.e. they do not affect any existing due payments or future invoices
- There is no built-in dunning for the Charges API, so you will need to manage error handling and retries on your own
- Charges API inherits the user subscription's VAT settings (configurable from the Sales Tax Settings page in the Seller Dashboard)
- You can only charge a card up to 5 times an hour (inclusive of scheduled subscription payments and one-off charges)
- Subscriptions in a paused state cannot be charged until it is restarted.
The vendor ID identifies your seller account. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
The vendor auth code is a private API key for authenticating API requests. This key should never be used in client side code or shared publicly. This can be found in Developer Tools > Authentication.
The amount for the one-off charge.Show all...
The name of the one-off charge - this will be visible to the buyers and will show up in the invoice as a line item, so that a buyer can always refer back to the invoice to know how much they were charged and what for.Show all...