Respond to Paddle billing and payment events in your platform
Our webhooks make it simple to receive data and events from Paddle, and for your systems to communicate data back.
- Fulfillment Webhooks – generated during order processing for one-time products or subscription plans.
- Alert Webhooks – triggered by events in the Paddle platform, for example a successful payment or a balance transfer to your bank account.
Alert webhooks are all sent to the same endpoint, defined in your Alert Settings. The fulfillment webhook endpoint is set individually for each product with webhook fulfillment enabled.
Subscribing to Alerts
Before you receive any events, you need to define the URL that we should send the HTTP POST requests to. POST requests will have a
- Step 1: Click Developer Tools in the navigation in your Seller Dashboard.
- Step 2: Click on the Alerts / Webhooks item.
- Step 3: Enter a URL that we should send the HTTP POST requests to (or set an email if you wish to receive email notifications).
- Step 4: Check each alert that you wish to receive a notification for.
- Step 5: Click the “Save Changes” button to confirm your alerts.
Responding to Alerts
For webhook events / alerts, your server should respond within 10 seconds with a HTTP 200 status code to indicate you have successfully received the message. If we receive anything other than a HTTP 200 (or if there is no response within 10 seconds) we will retry the call to your webhook URL every 15 minutes for a maximum of 3 days.
Check the log of fulfillment and alert webhooks sent from your account by going to Developer Tools > Alerts / Webhooks > Alert History or fetch alert history via our API.