Deliver licenses and downloads to your customers
Fulfillment webhooks are typically used to send order-specific data to a customer after the checkout is completed. For example generating a license code to activate a piece of software that is sent to the customer after an order.
The response from the fulfillment webhook is emailed to the customer as part of the order process.
Order emails can be disabled when you’re editing your product from within the Seller Dashboard.
Setting Up a Fulfillment Webhook
Fulfillment webhooks are product specific (unlike other Alerts which are account-wide) and you set them up during product creation. Simply set the fulfillment method to “Webhook” or “Send a HTTP Request to my Server” during product creation or while editing.
Once set up, on the product Release Checklist you can visit the Webhook Editor, where you should see a page that looks similar to the one below:
On this page, you can fill out the fields to tell us what data to send to your webhook about the order, and in what format, the fields available are:
- Webhook URL — The URL that we will send the HTTP request to.
- Request Method — The HTTP request method. (Either GET or POST)
- Instructions — Some text that will be sent along with the response from your webhook to the customer. Particularly useful for including something like activation instructions along with a license code, for example.
- Separate Multibuy — For quantity orders, should we send a single webhook request with a quantity attribute. Or a webhook request for each quantity item.
- Custom Fields — In addition to the standard fields below, you may optionally send the checkout hash, transaction ID, customer email, customer name (if collected) or a static value or message.
Responding to Fulfillment Webhooks
To complete the fulfillment process, your server should return a
200 response with a string value in the response body. Typically, this is a license code that you wish to distribute to your customer.
Responses cannot include HTML, but can use Markdown for simple formatting or links.